|The Hunt Club community is home to 13 000 people. We are their community association.|
Our current major activities include
- supporting the annual Hunt Club Cares Garage Sale;
- sponsoring community festivals;
- building a community garden in Cahill Park;
- supporting a neighbourhood art group;
- supporting Ottawa Public Library services for our community;
- improving traffic flow along Riverside Drive and Hunt Club Road;
- improving transit access from our community to all areas of Ottawa by OCTranspo and LRT;
- encouraging residents to look after our parks and green spaces, especially Paul Landry Park rejuvenation;
- sponsoring Meet&Greets for council candidates; and
- intervening in the proposed Claridge development at the intersection of Hunt Club Road and the Airport Parkway.
The Hunt Club community is a special place:
- We have an especially mixed demographic in age groups, ethnocultural backgrounds, socio-economic levels and family set ups. Our neighbourhood includes single dwellings, semi-detached units, townhouse units, apartment buildings, retirement homes, and an exceptional number of co-ops that offer rent-to-income housing and village-like living. Our housing ranges from million dollar mansions to Ottawa Community Housing.
- We're safe and friendly, within walking distance of many needed amenities and easy driving distance to most areas of Ottawa (except at rush hour of course).
- Our pedestrian bridge over the Airport Parkway provides walking and cycling access to the Sawmill Creek wetland, the South Keys Transitway station and the South Keys shopping center.
- We've the second largest complex of Asian markets and services in Ottawa.
- We've three times the green space as the Ottawa average, including the Sawmill Creek wetlands and Rideau River shoreline.
- We've 5 minute access to the international airport and its hotels and convention center.
- We've a great community centre that offers lots of opportunities for exercise and artistic expression, and
- The prestigious Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club has been part of our community for over 100 years.
Next Meeting |
HCCA History |
Our Area | Our Names | Our History | Our Cultural Heritage | Hunt Club Creek